A DAY FOR SMILES

I felt like Goldilocks today.  Everything was just right.  Not too cold, not too hot, not too early, not too late.  I’m talking sakura (cherry blossoms)!  This year, our timing is good and it was a day for smiles, not only ours, but, it seemed for everyone else on this side of the world too.

The morning dawned bright and sunny as we followed a friend’s lead to see the weeping cherries in bloom in the palace garden.  My anticipation levels have been off the charts for a few days now and soon after we entered the grounds of the palace, we spotted the blooms and followed the crowds to gaze at the trees and take photos to remember the moment.

I hope these photos convey  the beauty that awaited us.  It is reassuring in these troubled times to see that people of the world take the time to come together to admire and wonder at the spectacular blessings of nature.

DSC04139
A group of friends from Taiwan.
DSC04134
Looking skyward.

DSC04143

This couple and their entourage told us they’d traveled from Taiwan to have a wedding picture taken here.  The woman in the yellow cap was proud to let us know she was the mother of the groom.

DSC04165

Nature’s lace, weeping cherry branches.
DSC04147

I wondered how many sakura seasons this gentleman has photographed?  Love that he’s still at it.
DSC04155

Probably my favorite moment, watching these two life partners, with identical body language.
DSC04160

Happiness.

Happiness

8 Comments Add yours

1. Carol Kosteerka says:

So happy you are there to enjoy the beauty of spring

2. Mark dendy says:

Wowl simply gorgeous! The picture of you and Danny is especially great to see. The vivid pink is incredible. And you look so happy

1. devapnek says:

Thanks, Mark! It’s pretty wonderful. Just when I think I can’t look at another cherry tree, I suddenly find myself gasping at the beauty of another tree! xo

3. Brett Vapnek says:

Great news! You guys look very happy. Happy for you!

4. Judi Wallner says:

You look blissfully happy! I’m not surprised! Jimmy, Christen and Lincoln just boarded a plane for Toyko this morning and will also come to Kyoto at some point…unsure when. Enjoy, enjoy…it does look like the height of the season! Hugs to you both! J

5. Sheri Overall says:

Magnifique!!!! So happy that you made it in time for this beautiful gift from Mother Nature.

6. novaloverro says: